Happy Saturday! 😁
Eve here! 🙋🏼 I’ve been limping around since Wednesday after I sprained my foot hiking Runyon. BUT I woke up today feeling MUCH better and can put more weight on my right foot now! 🙌🏼 So I decided to make Elisa a WAFFLE brekkie since she’s been craving it! 👅 And because she has been cooking for me the last few days! 😜 Thanks little sister! 😘
I got the Oster DuraCeramic Chrome Belgian Waffle Maker from Target for $19.99 and it was THE BEST investment. So easy to use and clean! 👌🏼 I used Kodiak Cakes’ Banana Cinnamon Waffles 🍌 recipe and it was DELICIOUS! 😋 We took out applesauce in our recipe and it still tasted really good! You can play around with the ingredients based on your preference! Here’s the recipe:
- 1 3/4 cups Kodiak Cakes
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Soy Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Mashed Banana
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine the Kodiak Cake mix and the cinnamon.
- Blend the milk egg, mashed banana and applesauce.
- Stir in the Kodiak Cake mix, mixing only until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Spray a thin coating of cooking spray onto waffle iron.
- Pour enough batter to fill two-thirds of the waffle iron.
- Cook until crisp and golden brown.
We topped the waffles with Oat My Goodness Vintage cinnamon granola + KIND Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seed granola + Trader Joe’s coconut flakes + Trader Joe’s almond slices + banana + Justin’s Honey Peanut Butter! Of course you can top with whatever you like! 😜 ENJOY!