I might be double posting today to catch up on some yummy recipes I’d like to share with ya’ll! 🙂 The first is the irresistible Healthy Avocado Protein Brownies recipe I’ve been dying to try from Winnie especially after Serena baked them too! I attempted my own version of it last week and added in some walnuts because we love nuts! Here’s the recipe a little bit tailored to my fancy but following Winnie’s recipe pretty closely. Thanks again for sharing Winnie! This is definitely going to be our go to now when we are craving brownies!!
Such a pretty green!
Recipe Yields: 24 squares
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup honey (sub for maple syrup if vegan!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 egg whites (sub for flax eggs if vegan!)
- 1/2 cup Zen Fuze™ Chocolate Dream Protein (sub for plant based protein if vegan!)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (I used Navitas)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend together avocado, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and whisk in egg whites.
- Mix in protein powder, coconut flour, cacao powder, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips & walnuts to your desired amount.
- Grease either an 8×8 or 11×7 baking tin with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Pour the batter in the tin & sprinkle in some more chocolate chips & walnuts on top if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let brownies cool before cutting & devouring!