Eve and I have been snacking quite a bit lately since we are running across town from meeting to meeting. It’s a little hard for us to “snack healthy” if we don’t prepare for it. Especially with our parents traveling so much lately, they have been bringing home irresistible pineapple cakes from Taiwan, which is our weakness! We decided it was time to start baking again since there are so many healthy & delicious recipes out there that are most importantly, guilt-free! I decided to bake a banana nut chocolate bread yesterday inspired by Cookie+Kate because we had soo many ripe bananas at home! I froze half of them for nice creams and smoothies and used the rest for baking! Ripe bananas are the best natural sweeteners!
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts and chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, honey, eggs, mashed bananas, and soy milk together with a whisk.
- Mix in the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon then stir in the flour. Gently fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool before slicing.