Had a long day of back to back meetings today so I decided to bake when I finally got home to relax a bit! I’ve tried out this recipe before from Hummusapien and loved it so I decided to bake Lemon Coconut Baked Oatmeal Cups again!
2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water (or 2 eggs if not vegan)
3 overripe medium bananas
¼ cup creamy almond butter
¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
¼ cup pure maple syrup (optional, to sweeten)
Zest and juice 1 large lemon (1/4 cup lemon juice)
1½ tsp vanilla extract
3 cups old-fashioned oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
⅓ cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut
1 tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray
- Place flax and water in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add almond butter, almond milk, optional maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and flax eggs. Stir until well-combined.
- Add oats, baking powder, coconut, and salt, stirring to combine.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin tin (you may have leftover batter. I made some mini muffins).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. Cool for 20 minutes on a cooling rack before carefully removing from muffin tin.