Welcome to our .com page! We finally decided to launch our own website where we can own our domain name – yensisters.com! With the words of encouragement from friends and family, we sat down and made it official! Hope to see you around here!
We’ve been dying to try raw figs because believe it or not, we haven’t tried yet! We’ve only had them cooked in plates from restaurants, but never fresh bought from stores. Eve went to Trader Joe’s for some more Greek yogurt and spotted a big pack of fresh figs for $4.99! Surprise! It’s FIG SEASON! No wonder we’ve been seeing fig featured in so many BBG girls’ #whatsonmyplate! We washed the figs and took a bite- WOW! Soo sweet and juicy! We couldn’t help eating more while we cooked. Good thing there are so many health benefits in figs!
1. High in potassium, which helps lower high blood pressure.
2. Good source of dietary fiber, which promotes healthy weight management.
3. Protects from vision loss as you age.
4. Protects from postmenopausal breast cancer. This might just be our new favorite fruit!
If you’re following our Snapchats (@elisayen & @eeeveeeeee), you saw that we picked up Mama Yen from the airport on Thursday after her 3 months trip in Asia. ✈️ We wanted to prepare a nice, healthy, yet comforting welcome home dinner for her. Something that’s crisp and refreshing for the hot weather, but also screams “WELCOME HOME MOM!”. Eve and I ended up making our own separate dishes- a salad and a entree! Eve made our signature soba topped with a fried egg and wasabi flavored Furikake. I’ll be showing you what I made! This salad is PERFECT for a hot summer day. I present you… Chicken Salad with Fig & Grapes! ✨
- 4-5 medium sized drumsticks baked and cooled (method: lightly oil the cooking sheet you’ve placed on your cooking pan. Season the drumsticks with salt & pepper or other seasoning salt and cook for 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip to the other side for another 30 minutes)
- 1 cup halved purple grapes
- 1 cup halved figs
- 1 cup of diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons of buttermilk or buttermilk substitute (mix 1/3 cup of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar and mix. Let it sit for 10 minutes until clumps begin to form in the mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- mixed greens
- Chop chicken drumsticks in small pieces and set aside.
- Mix the Greek yogurt, avocado mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, buttermilk or buttermilk substitute, cayenne, and salt & pepper.
- Add in the chopped chicken drumsticks, grapes, fig, cucumber, parsley.
- Toss and enjoy over mixed greens salad!
Enjoy! Let us know if you try out this recipe! It’s so delicious and has the perfect spiciness to it that we love! ❤️