Hi guys! Since it’s getting warmer now, I’ve been craving refreshing salads and I think I just found my new faveee Spring salad from Monique’s Ambitious Kitchen! 🙂 Super easy to make and SOOO delicious! If you love goat cheese like we do, THIS is the perfect salad to eat with goat cheese! If you’re not a cheese person, you can always opt out on the cheese! Here’s her recipe:
- For the dressing:
- Juice from 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon poppyseed
- Pinch of salt
- For the salad:
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (5 oz) package Dole Organic Spring Mix Salad
- 1 heaping cup quartered strawberries
- 1 large peeled orange, cut into segments
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- First make the dressing: Add the orange juice, oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, dijon mustard, poppyseed and salt to a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Add sliced almonds to a skillet or pan and place over medium heat. Toast almonds for 5-7 minutes or until almonds become golden and fragrant. Be sure to stir every minute or so to ensure that almonds do not burn. Once they are finished toasting, immediately remove almonds from the pan and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add spring mix, quartered strawberries and orange segments. Then pour dressing over and toss to combine. Top salad with goat cheese crumbles, avocado and toasted almonds. Serve with protein of choice, or as a side salad.
- Enjoy! Serves 2-4 depending on how hungry you are. Nutrition info is for 4 servings.
- I recommend adding salmon or grilled chicken to this salad to boost the protein for a full meal.
p.s. You can obviously use any other spring mix, I used the organic one from Trader Joe’s. Also, I couldn’t find poppyseed at TJ’s, so I didn’t add poppyseed! Does anyone know where I can buy some?!? I LOVE poppyseed so I definitely was a little sad my dressing was missing it!