Have you heard of Cacao Tea?! It’s basically chocolate tea! So interesting right?! When we opened our bag of Micacao, the sweet aroma of chocolate came escaping out of the bag and it was so irresistible!
Okay to be honest, we thought it was a little weird at first but saw the nutritional value of it and decided why not and gave it a go! And now I’ve been drinking several cups a day this whole week because it’s so yummy! I’m really sensitive to caffeine so I’m not a coffee person but this cacao tea does the trick for me! Really happy about this discovery!
Cacao shells are usually thrown away in the process of extracting the chocolatey goodness so I really love the idea of making use the beautiful shells! Here’s the low down on this chocolate tea…
MiCacao uses 100% organic cacao beans to create a delicious tea that is both healthy and natural. Also known as chocolate herbal tea, Cacao tea comes from a drink that natives of tropical regions in Central and South America have been drinking for centuries. It’s light with a hint of chocolate and is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals – everything you need for a healthy mind and body.
Micacao suggest a splash of milk and sweetener in order to bring out the chocolate flavors in the tea, but feel free to drink it plain like I do!
Micacao was created to be a healthy alternative to traditional caffeinated drinks and it’s completely natural, preservative free, and without any artificial flavors or starches (gluten-free and vegan). Some health benefits are listed below!
1. Kick the caffeine
* Cacao contains theobromine, which has a gentle effect that is long-lasting and increases feelings of well-being.
2. Antioxidants for the win
* With 40 times more antioxidants than blueberries, it is one of nature’s most potent antioxidant foods.
3. Healthy weight-loss
* Drink a cup of hot MiCacao before meals to help manage weight. Studies show cacao helps to curb appetite.
4. Minerals for the body
* Cacao is high in iron, magnesium, and zinc, all of which help to support the different systems within your body.
5. Mood-enhancing properties
* Anandamide – known as the “bliss molecule”, it creates a feeling of euphoria
* Serotonin – known as the feel good brain chemical, it restores feelings of well being to the mind and body
* Phenethylamine – leads to increased mental drive/cognition and helps to combat feelings of depression and anxiety
* Dopamine – increases sensations of pleasure and enhances motor and cognitive skills
Enjoy your cup of chocolate tea 🍫 ☕️ here!