I finally got to use the almond pulp I saved from my homemade almond milk today! Thanks again to @rijiraja & @sweatygraceface for telling me to save the pulp after nut milking. I totally threw away the pulp from my first batch and felt so wasteful! Who knew there were so many recipes you could use with leftover almond pulp! I can’t wait to try all the other ones on my list! Here is my first attempt at almond pulp pancakes + mangoes! This is so delicious and the almond pulp gives the pancakes that extra crunch with every bite! Remember to use code YENSISTERS for 10% off @elliesbest bigger better nut milk bag if you want to make your own nut milk and play with all the wonderful nut pulp creations post milking!
1 cup almond pulp
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups almond milk
2 eggs (or chia eggs)
oil of choice (I used cooking spray!)
Toppings of choice (I used almond butter + mangoes!)
1. Combine the almond pulp, flour, and baking powder together in mixing bowl with your hands until well mixed.
2. Pour in the almond milk and add the egg.
3. Combine thoroughly with a whisk.
4. Heat a medium sized pan to a medium high heat and cover with a thin layer of oil. I prefer cooking spray since it’s easier and faster!
5. Pour 1/3 cup of the pancake batter to make small pancakes and 1/2 cup to make larger pancakes.
6. Once the surface of the batter is covered in bubbles, flip the pancake to cook the other side.
7. Repeat until the batter is all gone!
8. Top it off with almond butter or maple syrup and fruits! Mangoes are so refreshing now in this summer heat and tastes amazing paired with these almond pulp pancakes!!